Martina has been a doula since 2005 and began her midwifery training in 2010. She is a graduate of Midwives College of Utah and holds credentials as a Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) through the North American Registry of Midwives and as a Direct Entry Midwife (LDEM) through the state of Utah.
She has three children who were born at home with midwives.
Certified Professional Midwives (CPM) must complete educational and clinical requirements for out of hospital birth in addition to passing rigorous competency testing by the North American Registry of Midwives (NARM). Learn more
CPMs provide complete and skilled care for mother and baby during the child bearing year, specializing in normal, uncomplicated pregnancy and birth, as well as providing basic well woman care. Learn more
CPMs attend births in home and birth center settings. In the state of Utah, CPMs can become licensed, which enables them to carry prescription medications for conditions that may be encountered in the care of low risk mothers and babies. Learn more
Mums In Bloom Midwifery
My goals as a midwife are to
- educate women about their birth choices
- enable women to trust their bodies and the birth process
- guide women in finding their voices and their strengths
- facilitate the birth experience that each woman desires
- nurture the bonds of mother baby at birth
- uphold the midwifery model of care